Monday, September 13, 2010

Only five days to go...

I am sitting here thinking about all that has to get done before I leave for Haiti on Saturday morning.
I have piles of clothes and reminders on my bed and dresser in my bedroom.
And I have so much thankfulness in my heart.

A couple of months ago I sat across the table from Angie George, my friend and my pastor's wife. We were talking about the twists and turns that my life has taken over the past year and a half. Angie looked me in the eye and said, "if you could do anything you wanted, what would it be?"
It only took me a second to say, "Mission work".  I am a missionary at heart. I love to serve. It is how I am wired.
I looked at Angie and told her that the timing is not right and I can't afford it. Without missing a beat she told me to get people to sponsor me.
And that is just what I did.

The most amazing people came forward and donated to help me pay for the mission trip. I am humbled. I am appreciative. And I am ready to serve.

Five more days and I will land on Haitian soil and work and love. Love the adults, love the children at Hands and Feet Orphanage, love the people I am serving with.
Only five more days...will you pray for me and my team? Will you pray that God uses us in a mighty way?

I invite you to follow along this journey with me. Grab my hand...we are getting closer to getting on the plane...

No comments:

Post a Comment