It's hard to believe that I will be in Haiti on Saturday - three days from now. I am sitting in Panera in Franklin with all of the luxuries and trying to imagine what life in a third - or fourth world country will be like.
This past year and a half has been quite a journey for me, spiritually, personally and professionally. This step on the journey of my life feels like the natural next step.
Two years ago I started to feel the pull to get rid of 'stuff'in my life. God started to show me what to clean out: unhealthy relationships, unused 'junk, and unworn clothes.
I had a garage sale and kept adding things to the tables set up in the driveway. As people bought treasures, that at one point I just HAD TO have, I ran in the house and grabbed towels from under the sinks, clothes that I could sell, the sewing machine that had not been used since I moved to Nashville four years ago, and the weed wacker that I used once. It felt good to de-clutter.
I left the three tables up from the 'driveway sale' and have been adding treasures for my next sale.To clean out my life of 'junk'. To open the eyes of my heart. To walk in His story.
I invite you to take another step with me as I take another step in this chapter of His story. Welcome...
God has been preparing me to go to this country. To serve those less fortunate than me.
No comments:
Post a Comment